Silver Spring, MD
Outside Technical Sales Representatives are responsible for developing relationships with customers and growing accounts in their assigned territory through the promotion and selling of the company’s products and services to enterprises seeking payment card security solutions.
Outside Technical Sales Representatives are vital members of the dynamic sales group here at Merchant Link whose foundation is anchored on teamwork, integrity, accountability and enthusiasm. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described below and does require routine monthly travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, annual sales quotas
- Routine sales travel to visit new and existing customers and attend relevant trade shows
- Identify and properly qualify new business opportunities using available resources
- Provide customer support by responding to customer inquiries and requests
- Partner with current customers and or partners to ascertain current needs and generate additional sales
- Work closely with marketing to recognize & promote sales opportunities
- Ensure that SalesForce.com is current and updated with accurate customer information
- Routinely pull and reference system reports for additional sales opportunities
- Execute timely preparation of all expense reports, call reports and assigned projects
- Keep management and sales team members informed of all relevant activity
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology and or a related field; industry (Payments / Point-of-Sale / Property Management Systems) experience a plus; MICROS experience beneficial
- Self-starter; motivated, team focused and results driven
- Strong presentation, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding corporate goals as well as strong negotiation and closing techniques
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, SalesForce (or similar CRM)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills: able to present technical concepts; provide customers
- Ability to travel +/- 40%
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to travel / lift up to 50 lbs.
Sales Executive Application