Provide exemplary customer service support for merchants, VIP clients and dealerships. Assist with simple batch settlement requests, i.e. confirming batch status via the network and walking the merchant through the appropriate resubmission steps. Maintain an active relationship with the dealerships and the Merchant Link sales team to receive and disseminate inquiries to the appropriate ML departments. Process credit card recovery requests (one card, multiple or full day) and instruct on how to re-enter transactions into client’s system. Establish new client reporting accounts, reset passwords and add or remove users per request.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Assess incoming calls for credit card recovery requests.
- Alert clients, merchants and dealerships of failed batches and provide assistance for resubmission.
- Provide superior customer service to our customers both in email and via telephone
- Provide preliminary funds research assistance for missing and duplicate batches and transactions.
- Resolve and close at least 90% of cases with accuracy.
- Act as liaison and advocate on behalf of customers with third-party vendors to ensure that their problems are routed to the appropriate department.
- High school diploma with some college preferred.
- Familiarity with the credit card processing authorization and settlement process as well as major credit card processor auth/settlement file specifications and interchange qualification requirements is a plus.
- Ability to communicate instructions and resolution procedures and in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Customer Service experience via telephone or in person is required.